Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Gel Color Manicure

Being an avid crafter is not always easy on my hands.  My nails seem to suffer quite a bit.  I use to pay for manicures but got frustrated when they would scratch or chip a few days in.  Then I started painting my nails on my own... same problem.  While acrylic or silk tips lasted a little longer I don't like the damage they do to your natural nail. I know total girl problem right?!? Honestly while I am not super girly I do like to have my nails done.

I had pretty much given up on pretty nails until my mom suggested I try the color gel manicures.  She also works with her hands as a professional decorator.  If her manicure could stand up to the wear and tear of the wire in artificial trees and wreaths then this just might be the solution I was looking for.  I got my first gel color manicure three weeks ago.  The manicure consists of a clear gel layer, and then 2-3 layers of the colored gel polish, followed by a final top coat.  Between each layer you place your hand in a dryer.  While this may take a little more time than a regular manicure but when you leave it is dried and ready to go.

It is three weeks since I got the manicure and it still looks amazing (minus where my nail has grown out).  While the recommended time is a new polish every two weeks, I wanted to really put this manicure to the test before blogging about it.  It has withstood crochet needles, sandpaper and paint from the lawn ornament project, and even dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment