Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Post Sandy

I know that for the most part I have been missing for a few months now.  In the beginning of October my mom got really sick (she is ok now) and then Hurricane Sandy hit.

I come from a town in New York that is right on the water and the amount of destruction and devastation can not even begin to be described.  After months of clean up most of my community is on the road to repair.  I have to say that it may have been one of the most tragic and traumatizing moments in my life but also one of the most inspiring.  The level of kindness, compassion, and strength shown in my community, and  so many others like it, is something I will never forget.

We lost a lot in the storm, but we were luckier than so many others. We are slowly piecing our lives back together, trying to regain normal.  During this time I attempted to continue my crafting (some days it was the only thing that kept me sane) but unfortunately I did not have time for this blog.  Please continue to bare with me and the frequency of posts will once again pick up as things at home continue to progress.

Etsy Shop

Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment