Sunday, February 10, 2013

Successful Snowday

A few days ago I wrote about my crafting plans for Blizzard Nemo.  I am happy to report that my relaxing snow day was a success.  After work on Friday I made a quick stop at the supermarket (I am still dieting and I was determined that even Nemo would not get in the way of me reaching my goal weight by this summer).  By the time I left the market 20 mins later the roads were covered in ice and snow was beginning to fall.  I made it home safe and sound and vowed not to leave the house until there was no longer a risk of me slipping on ice (I had one run in with black ice already this week and my knee is still paying for it).



I made myself soup for dinner, put on some good tv and enjoyed the view of the falling snow from my warm couch.  It was only a matter of time before I broke my vow to remain indoors.  The snow was just too beautiful and I couldn't help but to go take a quick walk with my best friend through our winter wonderland.  While we could have enjoyed the snow in the morning there is something special about the fresh fallen snow before its marked by children's footprints, car tracks, and plows.  

When all was said and done the next morning we had about 10 inches of snow.  Other parts of New England were hit by 30+ inches so we were lucky we didn't have that much snow to shovel.  After a quick clean up I spent the rest of the day catching up on tv shows I haven't had the time to watch, and crafting.  Despite the howling wind, freezing temperatures, and snow covered EVERYTHING I was in a bright springy mood.  I completed some bright citrus colored wash cloths and then decided create a top for a set of towels. The linen towel set has a beautiful bright sunflower with two lady bugs embroidered  on each.

No comments:

Post a Comment