Friday, May 4, 2012

Book Review- "A Life in Stitches: Knitting My Way Through Love, Loss, and Laughter"

A Life in Stitches: Knitting My Way Through Love, Loss, and Laughter by Rachael Herron 


A friend of mine from work text me to let me know she had come across a book she thought I'd be interested in. I am an avid crafter and a few years back a began my own small craft business. I often find myself crocheting through life's many obstacles and I found this book to capture that feeling. The author describes her passion for knitting as a security blanket, a type of safe zone, and I think this is a feeling many crochet/knitters are familiar with.  In my first post I explained my fascination with how a string can become something great; you will find this is also a sentiment shared by Rachael.


Rachel takes her readers through some of the best and worst times in her life.  She does a great job of putting a comical twist on bad situations and reminds her reader that hard times are just lessons learned to carry with you to the better times.   By the end of this work you will feel like you know Rachel and her family. Reading her book helped convince me that there were others who treasured family and crafts as much as I do.  It is part of the reason I am writing this very blog.  You will laugh and cry, and if you are anything like me, be inspired to create.  This is a great quick read that I hope to pass it on to a friend as my friend was so kind to recommend it to me. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christina,
    I hope you are feeling better today.
    I've haven't heard of this book. It sounds like a great story and a wonderful read. I'd love to read it. I'll have to check our small, local library to see if they have it.

    Thanks so much for sharing and for the great book review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling much better and I decided to get away for the weekend. I think you would enjoy the book, I believe she has a few others as well but I haven't read them yet. I might not have Internet the next few days but hopefully Monday I will have a good blog post to share. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete