Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Celebration Part II

I had every intent of making it online yesterday to post, but I didn't, so I want to start by wishing all the moms reading a Happy Belated Mother's Day.  The unconditional love and support you provide truly makes the world a better place.
Mommy, Me and Stephanie
In keeping with the Mother's Day theme, I finally got the pictures from my sister so I can share Part II of our early Mother's Day celebration.  In Girls Day in the Garment District you got to read about the earlier part of the day.  After exploring some of our favorite shops we stopped for lunch and then began our walk over to one of ABC's studios (of course stopping in a few more stores along the way).  My mother is a fan of the show The Revolution so when the chance to see a taping came up, I jumped at it. 

A friend from High School was able to get us VIP tickets which added to the excitement.  It was the first time my sister or I had been to a TV show tapping and being "VIP" made it extra cool.  Once we were let inside we were met by an incredible staff.  We took an old fashioned freight elevator up to the studio floor and were lead to our front row seats.  When you watch a show on TV it is easy to forget all that goes into making each segment.  Aside from the massive amount of planning, writing etc, the actual tapping requires an amazing level of coordination and skill.  For those of you who have never seen a tapping, if you get the chance you should go.  It will give you a new appreciation for your favorite show.
The Revolution Set

We were able to be a part of the tapping of two different episode segments.  They have not aired yet, but keep your eyes open for my mom, sister and I on May 24th and June 12th.  I would have to say my favorite part of the day was seeing the hosts in person.  Not so much because I was star struck but because it reminds you they are regular people just like us... regular people who were able to see their dream come true.  All of the hosts made it a point to say hello to the audience and make us feel like we really were an important part of the show.
Tim Gunn

Since the episodes have not aired yet, I cant share details of the segments but I can tell you that we did receive a copy of a new book.  I have added it on to my "To-Read" List and I will post a review once I'm done.  And for those of you who treasure fashion design as your craft, here is a picture of Tim Gunn right after the tapping.  While I haven't ventured into fashion deign (beyond accessories) I do love to watch Project Runway.

Anyway, our Pre-Mother's Day celebration ended in true New York style, with a trip to Penn Station.  Since it was rush hour and we didn't want to have to squeeze into a packed subway car we decided instead to have a family dinner in Penn.  Over all we had a great day, especially my Mom, and that was the most important part.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment