Saturday, May 26, 2012

Starry Night Blanket


A few weeks ago I wrote about my first country escape of the summer.  While I was there I was touched by the beauty of all the blue ripples created by the light of the moon and stars reflecting off the clouds.  It inspired a new baby blanket idea and on my most recent trip to the country last weekend I took advantage of the beautiful nights to start and complete my project.  We were lucky enough to have beautiful weather the entire weekend so sitting in my rocking chair on the porch until all hours of the morning crocheting this blanket was the perfect way to pass the evenings.

I had found a soft variegated blue yarn that captured all the hues of blue from the night of the picture (I apologize again since this picture does not do the sight justice).  Once I had the yarn the next thing I had to decide on was a stick.  I tried a few samples and found a shell stitch was best at mimicking the puffs of different blues.  As a finishing touch I added two bright white stars to highlight my favorite part of the country sky.

  Take a look at the blanket in my etsy shop:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/HandcraftedHolidays

No comments:

Post a Comment